DVDs and CDs are free to borrow but remember to bring them back on time so you don't receive a fine.
We would like your suggestions for DVDs and/or CD titles. It's easy! All you need to do is post your suggestions here.
DVD Titles Coming Soon:
- Fish Tank - starring Katie Jarvis, Michael Fassbender and Kierston Wareing; directed by Academy Award-winning director Andrea Arnold. This is a mysterious and powerful story of family, love and lust. Mia, played by Katie Jarvis is at war with everyone and everything. Her one passion is dancing which she practices in secret. One day Mia's mother brings home a stranger called Connor who promises to change everything in their lives.
- Letters to Juliet - starring Amanda Seyfried and Vanessa Redgrave. I really enjoyed this movie. It's a simple and lovely story set in stunning Italy where we get a glimpse of the beautiful Italian countryside and I really, really want to go there even more after watching it. It is set in the city of Verona, where Romeo first met Juliet. The heartbroken leave notes to Juliet asking for her help. Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) finds a 50 year old letter and sets off on a journey with the author Claire (Vanessa Redgrave) and her handsome grandson to find Claire's long lost first love.
- Fantasitc Flesh - a documentary on special effects make-up where we meet the masters of the craft and discover it's history. There are behind-the-scenes photos and footage with interviews with Quentin Tarantino, James Brolin, John Landis to name a few. We also get to see clips from Frankenstein, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Exorcist, Planet of the Apes, The Thing, An American Werewolf in London and many more.
- Fashion in Film -a documentary that takes a look at the history of costumes, couture and glamour icons in the movies. There are interviews with designers, stylist and stars such as Jean Paul Gaultier, Tyson Beckford, Amanda Bynes, Jennifer Beals. Also, clips from The Devil Wars Prada; Flashdance; American Gigolo; Legally Blonde; Atonement; 27 Dresses; Clueless and more. A good one for up and coming designers to watch or anyone insterested in fashion.
- The Book of Eli - starring Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman. Eli (Denzel Washington), is a lone warrior who walks in a post-apocalyptic wasteland that was once America. He possesses the last copy of a book he fiercely guards with his life for it holds the only hope for the future. Carnegie (Gary Oldman) if the bad guy who is determined to get the book off Eli but Eli is determined to fulfill his destiny.